Three Types of Chiropractic Care
Initial Intensive Care – designed to reduce or eliminate the presenting symptoms.
Rehabilitative Care – stabilises the spine and promotes more complete healing. This type of ongoing care can strengthen the muscles and other soft tissues of the spine. Rehabilitative and strengthening exercises will be given to support your posture and movement thus helping to avoid a relapse.
Wellness Care – spinal function is optimised as a result of chiropractic “check-ups” that help to preserve and maintain progress. Hence, occasional visits can help catch little problems before they may potentially become more prominent.
Your First Visit
Full Chiropractic Evaluation
Your initial consultation will consist of:
- Detailed case history – we will complete a comprehensively review of your past health history and also your current problem.
- Spinal examination – we will preform a thorough spinal examination in order to locate areas of your spine that are not functioning properly. This examination will include your posture, ability to turn and bend, reflexes, muscle strength and also other orthopaedic and neurological tests.
- X-rays if clinically indicated – X-ray views of your spine may be necessary. These can reveal pathologies, show a history of your spinal health and make your chiropractic adjustments more precise. We refer out for X-rays. Medicare covers the cost of most spinal x-rays.
- Chiropractic treatment – is safe, effective and natural treatment for patients of all ages. Every person is unique and therefore we tailor the treatment approach and techniques to suit the patient’s needs.
We give priority to clients in acute pain, where possible. We will do our utmost to fit you in on the same or next day.
Your Second Visit
Report of Findings – This visit is crucial to understanding your problem and the decisions you will be asked to make regarding your health care.
The chiropractor will explain four aspects of your case. These include:
1. The cause
2. The severity
3. The recommended care
4. The prospects for correction
Please contact us for your assessment by calling 6281 5494, or pass by the clinic (Unit 2 Gadal Chambers 48 Corinna Street Woden Canberra ACT) to book an appointment.